• The number one reason why people leave a Company is because of their manager.
• On average it costs up to £7,500 to replace a leaver if you take into account, not only
recruitment costs, but also the management time taken to train a new starter and to
get them performing to the required standard.
• A demotivated employee may suffer from presenteeism (the lights are on but nobody
is in) which means, they are not delivering!
So let’s take a look at what the employee and the employer gets frustrated at and compare the results.
Employees Frustrations vs Employers Frustrations
Unclear targets. Employees not delivering targets.
Not feeling they are being treated fairly Negative and demotivated
and equitably. . employees.
Not receiving feedback on their (good or bad). High levels of absenteeism
Lack of development opportunities. Lack of motivation and drive towards the goals and their roles.
The Solutions are Evergreen!
• Engagement – Keep your employees informed about Company performance.
• Vision – Be clear about the Company’s and individual goals and communicate them.
• Equality – Ensure that you have systems in place to monitor and discuss
• Recognition & Reward – Introduce systems to motivate your employees whether
financial or non-financial.
• Group activities – Make sure that everyone feels involved.
• Relationships – Encourage team members to support each other.
• Evaluate performance – Give regular feedback to employees on their performance.
• Empower your people – Give individuals the opportunity to try new things.
• Nurture talent – Encourage your rising stars to share their knowledge with others.