• The number one reason why people leave a Company is because of their manager.
• On average it costs up to £7,500 to replace a leaver.
• The average number of days that an employee takes off sick is 6.5 days each year.
• A demotivated employee may suffer from presenteeism (the lights are on but nobody is in) which means, they are not delivering!
• Unclear targets.
• Not feeling they are being treated fairly and equitably.
• Not receiving feedback on their performance (good or bad).
• Lack of development opportunities.
• Employees not delivering targets.
• Negative and demotivated employees.
• High levels of absenteeism and presenteeism.
• Lack of motivation and drive towards the Company’s goals and their roles.
• Engagement – Keep your employees informed about Company performance.
• Vision – Be clear about the Company’s and individual goals and communicate them.
• Equality – Ensure that you have systems in place to monitor and discuss performance.
• Recognition & Reward – Introduce systems to motivate your employees whether financial or non-financial.
• Group activities – Make sure that everyone feels involved.
• Relationships – Encourage team members to support each other.
• Evaluate performance – Give regular feedback to employees on their performance.
• Empower your people – Give individuals the opportunity to try new things.
• Nurture talent – Encourage your rising stars to share their knowledge with others.
“The rate of change is not going to slow down anytime soon. If anything, competition in most industries will probably speed up even more in the next few decades.” — John P. Kotter, Leading Change
For an informal, helpful and friendly chat, just call us on 07951 356700. Evergreen HR – Premier providers of quality HR and Health & Safety Solutions.